A Collaborative Approach
In order to improve the perception of timber construction in the Italian context, a series of workshops were organised to establish barriers and propose solutions. Theses discussions aim to promote the adoption of mass timber in Italy and the EU.
Each workshop hosts over thirty key representatives from the Italian timber industry. Stakeholder engagement plays a crucial role in ensuring collaboration and the sharing of knowledge.
For more information on each gathering download the workshop reports.
Workshop attendees debated topics such as:
- supply of sustainably sourced, quality raw materials
- technical aspects related to fire safety, acoustic performance, and moisture control
- lack of design and evaluation data and expertise
- value chain limited experience with the technology
- inconducive regulation, guidance, and construction policy
- deterring mortgage and insurance premiums
- limited access to finance
We need to change how we build
June 17th 2022 10:00 – 16:00
In the first workshop, stakeholders prepared a list key barriers which are limiting the uptake of structural timber in the Italian context. The initiave seeks to overcome these barriers.